Mon - Thu: 11:30 - 14:00
Mon - Thu: 17:00 - 23:00
Fri - Sat, Sun &: 11:30 - 23:00
Ubin First Stop Restaurant was originally established in 1990 in Pulau Ubin, a tranquil island northeast of Singapore, a 10 minutes bumboat ride from the Changi jetty. With the grand opening of Ubin First Stop Restaurant (Changi) in June 2008, our customers can now enjoy the real “Taste of Pulau Ubin” in the heart of Changi Village, a recreation hotspot where many people come for the beaches, the sea and the sun.
This restaurant is best known for their fresh seafood. Went with my family many times, and never were we once disappointed with their food. Although the ambience cannot be compared to a five star hotel's restaurant, ubin first stop has its own unique laid-back "kampong" feel to it. Rather than using a knife and fork to have your meal, as you would in a five star restaurant, you will just want to stick your hands in the dishes and just indulge in the spicy-licous chilli crabs or prawns here. My all time favourite will be their crabs, regardless chilli, blackpepper, salted egg etc. I've tried it ALL! The meat is real "solid" and not "hollow" (if you know what i mean). The fresh fish is also not to be missed.. The tender meat had all of us drooling at the table. Butter prawns was what i had last week too. mmmuacks! Prawnnilicious! The price for their seafood is really not expensive compared to what you'll be paying in other seafood restaurants, but the quality can definitely be compared to those five star restaurants.
So for those going there i will highly recommend their seafood as it is what they are famous for. Their fresh seafood will not let you down.
We were told to wait 20mins, and it ended up as an hr of waiting. We asked about the food(chili crab) twice and werscold her. ab came and it wasnt tasty at all,might be cooked in a rush. Overall, I will not go back there again and will not recommend anyone too.
6 aug 2011 Friday
Meet my group of friends in changi for dinner. Decided to try ubin first stop restaurant in changi. When we reached, it was 6.30pm. We were the first customers. We ordered 10 dishes and all was tasteless, oily and totally not up to standard. The only saving grace is that the seafood is very fresh. The cook has not done justice to the freshness of the food.
1. Fish maw soup: carrot and vegi not cook enough. Fish maw had expired oil smell.
2. Spicy mussels: mussels were very fresh but it has no taste. Just chilli hot,
3. Sambal chili kang kong: Again no taste, not enough salt. Vegi is crunchy and nice but was too oily.
4. Chai poh egg: no trace of chai poh and the saltness was not evenly spread out.
5. Black pepper crab: homemade pepper ground manually, but the cook burnt the pepper leaving a bitter aftertaste.
6. Chilli crab: crab is very fresh and juicy but the sauce has no taste and no flavor. Just flat starchy chilli gravy
7. Deep fried man tou. Oil was not hot enough as a result, the oil seep in the man tou making it dripping with oil and inedible.
8. Golden roast chicken: chef speciality. Not salty at all. And no flavor.
9. Garlic kailan: the simplest dish. We sent back twice to recook. Not salty and too much oil added. Vegi was not cook at all. One of us has to wash with tea to make it edible.
10. Prawn roll: the prawn roll is nice but it has too much oil. The oil was not hot enough when the cook deep fried it.
We ask for light and dark soya sauce to try to save the food. But the soya sauce has totally no taste! It is like the lowest grade diluted with water. That explains why all dishes has no taste at all! We ask the manager what happened. She replied that different people has different taste and she said u wan discount is it? We paid the full amount nevertheless. The bill does not match the quality of the food at all! She even say the cook has 20 years experience!
We are definitely not even going back in our existing lives.