Reviews for Ubin First Stop Restaurant

AsianChineseLocalSeafoodSingaporean
Jolene Sim

Live seafood feast

This restaurant is best known for their fresh seafood. Went with my family many times, and never were we once disappointed with their food. Although the ambience cannot be compared to a five star hotel's restaurant, ubin first stop has its own unique laid-back "kampong" feel to it. Rather than using a knife and fork to have your meal, as you would in a five star restaurant, you will just want to stick your hands in the dishes and just indulge in the spicy-licous chilli crabs or prawns here. My all time favourite will be their crabs, regardless chilli, blackpepper, salted egg etc. I've tried it ALL! The  meat is real "solid" and not "hollow" (if you know what i mean). The fresh fish is also not to be missed.. The tender meat had all of us drooling at the table. Butter prawns was what i had last week too. mmmuacks! Prawnnilicious! The price for their seafood is really not expensive compared to what you'll be paying in other seafood restaurants, but the quality can definitely be compared to those five star restaurants.

So for those going there i will highly recommend their seafood as it is what they are famous for. Their fresh seafood will not let you down.

26 Oct 2012 • 1 review • 0 follower

lousy service, long waiting time

We were told to wait 20mins, and it ended up as an hr of waiting. We asked about the food(chili crab) twice and werscold her. ab came and it wasnt tasty at all,might be cooked in a rush. Overall, I will not go back there again and will not recommend anyone too.
06 Aug 2011 • 1 review • 0 follower

Bad service with bad cook

6 aug 2011 Friday

Meet my group of friends in changi for dinner. Decided to try ubin first stop restaurant in changi. When we reached, it was 6.30pm. We were the first customers. We ordered 10 dishes and all was tasteless, oily and totally not up to standard. The only saving grace is that the seafood is very fresh. The cook has not done justice to the freshness of the food.

1. Fish maw soup: carrot and vegi not cook enough. Fish maw had expired oil smell.

2. Spicy mussels: mussels were very fresh but it has no taste. Just chilli hot,

3. Sambal chili kang kong: Again no taste, not enough salt.
06 Jun 2010 • 1 review • 0 follower