Hungry Mouse
 • 23 Mar 2014 10 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Had dinner for 2 as the Changi village hawker center was crowded. Ordered seafood fried rice, oyster omelette, salted egg crab and small fried buns(mantou). Seafood fried rice was ok but a bit too oily, oysters in the oyster omelette was not fresh and too oily, salted egg crab was dry and the crab meat tasted too salty and not fresh. The crab was huge but the flesh sticks to the shell and was very salty so I suspect that the crab was not alive but already dead when we place our orders. So in order to make the crab's meat to taste fresh, they added a lot of salt to the crab. For 58 bucks, the crab is NOT WORTH to try. The small fried buns were cold and were soaking with oil. The restaurant is located near the changi ferry terminal which was a peaceful place to eat in. But with the bad staff attitude, slow service and not fresh seafood, I would avoid this place. By the way, my friend and I had food poisoning after dining at this place. My friend had diarrhoea and I vomited a few times. We guessed it maybe due to the oysters and crab :(

Must tries: None

yagizaneo
 • 26 Oct 2012 1 review 0 follower
Overall
We were told to wait 20mins, and it ended up as an hr of waiting. We asked about the food(chili crab) twice and werscold her. ab came and it wasnt tasty at all,might be cooked in a rush. Overall, I will not go back there again and will not recommend anyone too.

Ginny Gay
 • 06 Aug 2011 1 review 0 follower
6 aug 2011 Friday

Meet my group of friends in changi for dinner. Decided to try ubin first stop restaurant in changi. When we reached, it was 6.30pm. We were the first customers. We ordered 10 dishes and all was tasteless, oily and totally not up to standard. The only saving grace is that the seafood is very fresh. The cook has not done justice to the freshness of the food.

1. Fish maw soup: carrot and vegi not cook enough. Fish maw had expired oil smell.

2. Spicy mussels: mussels were very fresh but it has no taste. Just chilli hot,

3. Sambal chili kang kong: Again no taste, not enough salt. Vegi is crunchy and nice but was too oily.

4. Chai poh egg: no trace of chai poh and the saltness was not evenly spread out.

5. Black pepper crab: homemade pepper ground manually, but the cook burnt the pepper leaving a bitter aftertaste.

6. Chilli crab: crab is very fresh and juicy but the sauce has no taste and no flavor. Just flat starchy chilli gravy

7. Deep fried man tou. Oil was not hot enough as a result, the oil seep in the man tou making it dripping with oil and inedible.

8. Golden roast chicken: chef speciality. Not salty at all. And no flavor.

9. Garlic kailan: the simplest dish. We sent back twice to recook. Not salty and too much oil added. Vegi was not cook at all. One of us has to wash with tea to make it edible.

10. Prawn roll: the prawn roll is nice but it has too much oil. The oil was not hot enough when the cook deep fried it.

We ask for light and dark soya sauce to try to save the food. But the soya sauce has totally no taste! It is like the lowest grade diluted with water. That explains why all dishes has no taste at all! We ask the manager what happened. She replied that different people has different taste and she said u wan discount is it? We paid the full amount nevertheless. The bill does not match the quality of the food at all! She even say the cook has 20 years experience!

We are definitely not even going back in our existing lives.