Princess J •
27 Jul 2011 • 389 reviews • 13 followers
Since I'm hardly in Toa Payoh, when opportunity presents itself to have dinner in TP, I immediately asked our good friends if they would mind eating here. Turned out that they (staying in TP) have yet to eat here too because during weekends, the wait is crazy. They were once told that the waiting time was 3 blinking hours!!!!
So we were all so so happy that weeknights are not so crazy. Our dinner arrived with a happy 15min wait.
1) Fish n Chips - my daughter only eats this so to order this is a no brainer. The fish is nicely deep fried and the fish meat is decently thick and fresh. The coleslaw is also fresh and yummy.
2) Fried Rice - I know, you're probably wondering why fried rice at this stall right? My younger daughter is a rice girl thus the choice. The fried rice is ok only. If can, order something else.
3) Grilled lamb - my friend had this and she said it was ok for the price.
4) Mixed Grill - hubby couldn't decide and thought this would be good. He saw mine and realized he's wrong after tasting his. Haha... It's not awful, it's just normal like any hawker western stall's standard.
5) Sirlion Grill - I honestly think mine is the best as the slab of meat is quite thick and quite large for $11. They don't give baked potato or mash potato. They have this mash potato-in-a-ball-and-deep-fry-it version. It's AMAZING!! Probably have to run a mile to work it off but really really nice. I would have ordered 2 if my fats agreed, but I have too much fats and they don't need more company. The meat is also not vein-y at all.
I'll definitely return on weekday night for my steak fix at a low low price.