Daily: 10:30 - 20:00
Victor's Kitchen serves Asian, Chinese, dim sum cuisine and is famous for their Liu Sha Bao, Steamed Carrot Cake with Xo Sauce and Crispy Golden Shrimp Rolls.
Will never understand why a small eatery like this should be serving everyone like a butler in a grand mansion.
Egg Yoke Custard Lava Bun - dont miss; not too sweet, very oily though.
Fried Dough wrapped in rice sheet aka cha leong aka you tiao cheong fun
- dont miss (in fact better than those disgusting overnight soggy stuff served in HK)
Har Gau - dont miss, very very crunchy, springy
Nai Cha - dont miss (I asked for less sugar)
Siew Mai; Lo Mai Gai; steamed pork ribs pieces - average only. SG Kopitiam is better.
Xiao Long Bao - dont miss
Lo Bo Gao - dont miss; exactly like its done in HK. The radish are still in strips.
I really dont understand how our youngsters condemned this eatery (in other websites as well). Prices inclusive of gst but NO service charge.
Every item is at least 4.80 for 3 pcs vs 4.00 for 2 pcs at TANG'S Man Ho Restaurant.
Not for those who need one big plate of fried rice for lunch or dinner.
Not cheap, definitely not an atas dining place and absolutely not for those who wants king's service.
OMG, the worst dim sum in my life. Has been a while I visit HGW for recommendations, but I am not the kind who post any comment. but this time, I must register an account to warn everyone about this place.
lets write in point form, easier to understand
- porridge totally no taste
- Shrimp "chang fen" soaked in soya sauce
- the cha siu pork bun, inside is so sticky like glue, yiakss
- the kinfe work is poorly done, meats are in huge pieces,
- skin is very thick and too chewy
- the "bing zhen milk tea" suppose to be milk tea, being place in a bowl filled with ice cubes, but what we get is, few cubes of ice, plus a lot of cold water inside the bowl, wt* !
- some of the dim sum is too salty, although prawn is fresh, but it is just too salty
- the place is quite small, when we queue for payment, the staff have to squeeze through the aisle, without saying "excuse me", they put their dirty hands at my shoulder and slightly push me aside instead, in less than 2 minutes, it happened twice !!
- TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE PRICE, 3 of us spent $60! I don't even want to pay a single cent for this kind of food. even if it is free, I will still consider wanna force myself into such meal or not?
Worst meal in my life. Can I give zero or negative ratings? T_T
Their "must-try" is....
Must try to avoid this place
Decided to visit this place after seeing their "Golden Egg Yolk Lava Buns" on the lists for top custard egg buns. Place is about 5-10 mins away from Bugis+ There wasn't much space to move around in the store. Ordered quite a few dishes such as "Golden Egg Yolk Lava Buns", "Chee Cheong Fun", etc. The portions were fairly big and tasted good. The custard buns tasted so good that my friend ordered another serving (3 buns) all for himself. I was quite fascinated by how they serve their "HK Milk Tea" as I don't eat dim sum frequently. The drink is served warm in a glass, with a bowl of ice. Personally, I find that the pricing was slightly expensive. However, it is still recommended given their quality of food.
I had experienced really terrible service at Victor's Kitchen today. I had went in a group and everyone's orders had arrived but mine. i waited for about 30 minutes, and still my food had yet to come, depsite ordering the exact same dish. Thus, i nicely went to speak with the store-in-charge/chef/owner on this, and to my utter shock and disgust, he replied arrogantly, "If you cant wait, then leave! " I needed no further encouragement, i stood up and left the shop immediately as i was also in a rush. With this kind of lousy and arrogant attitude, no matter how good the food is, it is sure that not many will be back. I hope this review will alert potential customers to the bad service evident here. Unless you are ready to wait for your food unconditionally, please give this shop a miss.