I was with come colleagues at Sunshine Plaza along Bencoolen Street and they suggested this dim sum place. Read MoreHide
The place is packed with people and we ordered the following items:
- Pan Fried Chee Cheong Fun: This was topped with Soya sauce before serving us. Was alright.
- Steamed Carrot Cake: Very traditional dim sum that is steamed instead of pan-fried.
- Assortment of Steamed Dim Sum: Tried the Har Gow, Siew Mai, which were OK.
- Lor Mai Kai: The chicken filling was good and I liked this dish.
- Steamed Rice with chicken: This was good. My favorite dish for the meal and it will fill your tummy, if you are a big eater.
- Liu Sha Bao (Custard Bun): The skin is thin and after 5 mins, the oil of the custard filling was starting to be seen through the skin. Not so keen on this version of the custard bun.
The food is not as refined as that you will find at fine Chinese restaurants. The pricing here is also not as cheap as what I expected for non- fine Chinese restaurant.
If you are looking for a place to dine that is 'slightly reminisant' of dining at a Hong Kong cafe, you can come here.
Must tries: Lor Mai Kai, Steamed Rice with chicken, Liu Sha Bao (Custard Bun), Pan Fried Chee Cheong Fun, Steamed Carrot Cake, Assortment of Steamed Dim Sum
- I also recommend this place for:
- Ala Carte, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch
I added 5 photos
0 people found this review helpful
Was it helpful to you?