Summary

Ambience2
carrot cake with xo sauce, milky custard bun, victor’s king prawn dumpling, iced summer milk tea, glutinous rice with sausage chicken, har gao, Youtiao Chee Cheong Fun, Golden egg yolk lava bun, King Prawn Chee Cheong Fun, Pan Fried Chee Cheong Fun, oyster sauce char siew bao, chee cheong fun, everything, fried prawn beancurd, passion mango pomelo sago, Assortment of Steamed Dim Sum, Deep Fried Shrimp Dumpling, Liu Sha Bao (Custard Bun), Lor Mai Kai, Siew Mai, Steamed Rice with chicken, century egg porridge, crispy golden shrimp rolls, deep fried spring roll, fried prawn dumpling, lava bun, mango sago dessert, phoenix porridge, popeyes dumplings, pork ribs, prawn siew mai, preserved veg porridge, steamed spare ribs with black bean sauce, waterchestnut cake, 菜干肉碎粥 View all
Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, Brunch, High Tea, Breakfast, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Dinner, Hidden Find, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Take Away, Chillout, People Watching, Supper, Ala Carte, Girls Night Out, Quiet View all

My experience

Will never understand why a small eatery like this should be serving everyone like a butler in a grand mansion.

Egg Yoke Custard Lava Bun -  dont miss; not too sweet, very oily though.
Fried Dough wrapped in rice sheet aka cha leong aka you tiao cheong fun
  - dont miss (in fact better than those disgusting overnight soggy stuff served in HK)
Har Gau - dont miss, very very crunchy, springy
Nai Cha - dont miss (I asked for less sugar)
Siew Mai; Lo Mai Gai; steamed pork ribs pieces -  average only.  SG Kopitiam is better.
Xiao Long Bao - dont miss
Lo Bo Gao - dont miss; exactly like its done in HK.  The radish are still in strips.

I really dont understand how our youngsters condemned this eatery (in other websites as well).   Prices inclusive of gst but NO service charge.
Every item is at least 4.80 for 3 pcs vs 4.00 for 2 pcs at TANG'S Man Ho Restaurant.
Not for those who need one big plate of fried rice for lunch or dinner.
Not cheap, definitely not an atas dining place and absolutely not for those who wants king's service.

Most helpful reviews for Victor's Kitchen

Worst service

What was supposed to be a pleasant experience for a weekend dim sum tea, turned out to be the worst event of our lives.The waitresses and cashiers will scold you if you ask for assistance in placing order or have some queries about the dishes. Please find other better restaurant/cafes to go to because the staff will spoil your mood.The dim sum was not too bad, shame on the poor service.

Made my last trip to Viktor, No more in my life

I have been a loyal patron of Viktor's Kitchen for the last 5 years. When we started, Viktor's Kitchen was a completely messy set-up with 3 stores separated everywhere at Sunshine Plaza. Over the last few years, it has consolidated into 2 adjacent shoplots with slightly more spacious seating.

Sadly speaking, for a company that has been operating for 5 years, Viktor's Kitchen has never managed to get one critical thing right: The human factor of its waitstaffs. In fact, as customers grew, customer service went downhill. The waitstaffs are not only inefficient, they are also rude and arrogant.

Last night, I visited Viktor's Kitchen, completely forgetting I had a poor impression of them during my last visit a few months before. With a 2-year old child in tow, my husband and I waited at the door for 3-4 minutes without a single waitstaff stopping to talk to us. We finally squeezed into a table (by ourselves) at the corner, with all the food remnants, plates and glasses from the previous customer still piled high on the table.

We waited and waited. 5 minutes came and gone. Not a single waitstaff came to clear the table. Running out of patience, we tried to get hold of a waitstaff. "WAIT THERE", she said rudely and turned away. We waited again for another 2 minutes. Failing to get anybody's attention, we turned away in complete disgust.

Viktor Kitchen is a symbol of the poor customer service in Singapore, typical of F&B sector here. It is even sadder that the boss, Viktor, and his wife, could not care less about their staffs' attitude. Nor do they display exemplary customer service either. I feel that all the bosses care about is their dollars and cents -- all they do is punch madly at the cash register to ring up their profits.

If you are still visiting Viktor's Kitchen, ask yourself this: Is the food really worth the poor service you are getting? Viktor's Kitchen is not cheap -- should you be treated like beggars waiting for food too?

No respect for customer...

On 26 Feb 2012 (Sunday), we went with two toddlers for lunch. With three adults and two kids, we spent about $65. Quality of food is only average, given that the pricing is around $4 per serving.

Yes, there's a constant queue and we waited patiently for our turn. Finally, we managed to get a table. Unfortunately, they do not provide baby chair hence we stacked 2 chairs for each of the kid. All went well until when we were 3/4 into our meal. One of their server (old auntie) came and grumbled that we took two chairs for the kids and now they had a shortage of chair. We were TOLD to return the extra chair. For goodness sake, we were still eating!!! Hence we ignored her. The auntie never gave up. She came back two more times demanding for the chairs! That's it!!! Although we had not bite into the famous golden lava bun, saving the best for the last, we call for the bill and left.

Ironically, as we were leaving, a smiley mid-aged server came to clear the table and took the stacked chairs, commenting that we are leaving. We told her we were FORCED to leave and said the service was lousy! Immediately, the smile left and she murmured, 'You all don't understand.' We were speechless...

Are there extra chairs around? Yes, there was a stack at near the cashier. Some tables at corners were not occupied and there were empty chairs too.

The service attitude and behaviour are NOT acceptable. If they do not welcome family with kids (that need two chairs to reach table), do make it up front to the customer or put up signage. They have seen the stacked chairs from the beginning, they could have stop us right from the start. Seriously, they wanted business but not customers, hence such disrespect for customers.

Will I re-visit Victor's Kitchen again, even if I am alone... Unlikely...

wouldn't go back even for free!!!!!!!

First glance at menu..very limited selection.. alll crossed out and barely 15 items available to choose from. Placed my orders.. food came only 45 mins later. Standard is terrible. The so called famous salted egg yolk bun.. it was so oily that the oil can fill a saucer.  Other items.. I can't find one that deserve any compliment. Not to mention, they missed a couple of my orders.  The place is so small n cramp, I had to stand up not less than 10 times to give way to other customers and the staffs to clear the plate. Heard similar complains from other customers. Last but not least, the price ain't cheap either. We left without finishing our food.piece of advice.. dont bother...............

No longer great like it used to be.

This used to be my favourite dim sum place. I went there last week and it was terrible.
1. Waiting lines were incredibly long
I got there early so my waiting time wasn't that long but the lines after were more amazing than the food.

2. Menu was limited
Every time I visit, there's bound to be items crossed off on the menu to say it is out of stock. Each time I visit, the items that get crossed out increases. In this visit, the drinks menu, most of the items were crossed out leaving only the most expensive milk tea available.

3. Food quality is bad
The food quality used to be above average. In this visit, it fell to below average. Food did not taste fresh, portions shrunk, ingredients lessened.

Definitely not worth the price.

All in all, it is no longer worth eating here at the prices they charge which is equivalent to higher end places like Lei Garden and Taste Paradise but yet the quality of the food has fallen to an all time low.