Viet Lang Restaurant has closed.

Summary

Cha Cuan (Fried Spring Roll / Imperial Roll), Pho Bo (beef noodles), tapioca cake, Braised Cod Fish, baked tapioca, beef lot leaves, jungle curry, spring rolls, Black sauce cod fish & prawn in fresh coconut, Cold Noodle with Beef, Grilled duck with chocolate sauce (CNY set), Prawns in Real Coconut Juice, Vietnamese coffee jelly with ice-cream, black pepper codfish, cod, crispy lemongrass beancurd, everything, grilled chicken with deep fried glutinous rice, hotpot, mango papaya shrimp salad, pancakes, pomelo prawn salad, salad rolls, set lunch, tofu (huge slabs), veggies, vietnamese coffee, yee sheng (CNY only) View all
Quiet, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, After Work, Chillout, Business Dining, Private Dining, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Supper, Healthy Eating, Corporate Events, View/Scenery View all

A taste of Vietnam in Viet Lang

To read my full review with pics see here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

I have to say, I’m a sucker for Vietnamese street food – give me a Summer Roll or steaming bowl of Pho anytime and I’ll be one happy camper. But there are times when you want to go for the…well how should I say…the finer things in life. And if that time happens to marry with when you want to eat Vietnamese cuisine, your options can be quite limited.

But thankfully then, Viet Lang comes to the rescue!

Now you might be thinking, how do you take Vietnamese cuisine to that next level, when in essence it tends to be quite a simple cuisine? The answer is by using fresh, quality ingredients which let their flavours speak for themselves and which are showcased to their best through good presentation. This is most certainly something Viet Lang know a great deal about, seeing as most of their ingredients, sauces and condiments are imported directly from Vietnam, and they are rather handy on the presentation front.

Having recently moved from Chjimes to it's new place of residence at The Arts House, Viet Lang, is a rather elegant spot to savour Vietnamese cuisine from across the different regions.

Wanting to try as best spread as possible, being only two of us for a quick working lunch, we opted for the Vietnamese set lunch at $30++ which is rather good value for what you get.

We started off with the Starter Sampler which came with a Tangy Glass Noodle Salad, Signature House Dip, andHouse Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers.

Fresh and light, with prawns and bean sprouts, the noodle salad had just the right amount of bite to it and was a good start. But it was the skewers here which really did it for me - succulent, ever-so-tender chicken, and perfectly aromatic, these were a lovely surprise.

Moving on to the mains, for those who love seafood, the Sauteed Prawns in Coconut juice are rather delicious. Think fat, juicy prawns, served almost dry-style in a savoury coconut sauce reduction and just perfect in number, served up with a side of jasmine rice and morning glory. Very tasty indeed.

Want to read on? See here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Viet Lang Restaurant

Great Food, Good Menu Selection, unfortunately, Service a let-down.

We felt that they were doing us a great service and given a huge privilege by being let in at 1p.m. on a day in which they had a function in the afternoon. When seated, it took a long time for our food to arrive at 30 minute intervals with the appetisers (fresh spring rolls) coming after one of us had nearly completed the meal. Due to a mix-up of orders, I was at first delighted, when my meal apparently arrived first. Hungry, I was eager to tuck in, and emptied the whole of my garnish set comprising of beansprouts and mint leaves into my bowl, after squeezing all the juice out of the single lime supplied with the garnish, making sure I used my nails, and every finger of my unwashed hands (too hungry to bother) to squeeze every drop of lime juice, seeds included, into the bowl. Well, to my surprise, a waiter comes just before I am about to tuck into my nice messy bowl of noodles, and sweeps the bowl away from me swiftly, much to my confusion and dismay. Apparently my serving had been meant for the unwitting customer seated outside, who had not seen me salivating over his/her dish and mutilating the lime into it together with the garnish. Feeling a little guilty for my unwashed hands, I told the waiter, "Wait, Hey! You can't give this to someone else - I just emptied my whole garnish and lime into it!..." However, with a quick reassuring smile, my waiter assured me that it was fine seeing I hadn't eaten any part of it. So happy to see that the restaurant trusted my culinary skills!

Die, die, must try this out

Vietnamese food is not yet famous to Singaporean, however it is really really delicious in term of smell and taste. Die, die must try out this.

Must try!!!

Yes...Agree, must try. Esp the 'Bun Bo Hue" ( Spicy Noodle). Besides, the " Imperial roll" is very nice. For drink, you can try " Sour Plum coda", the Plum is from Vietnam. Service is not bad.

one of the best

From here you can find the Vietnamese food that taste almost the same as "vietnamese food"

so so

If you want a nice place to have VNmese food, then it's okay. But if you expect a very authentic one, this is not. It's a usual restaurant with okay food. The previous chef has cooked good food though