Viet Lang Restaurant has closed.

Summary

Cha Cuan (Fried Spring Roll / Imperial Roll), Pho Bo (beef noodles), tapioca cake, Braised Cod Fish, baked tapioca, beef lot leaves, jungle curry, spring rolls, Black sauce cod fish & prawn in fresh coconut, Cold Noodle with Beef, Grilled duck with chocolate sauce (CNY set), Prawns in Real Coconut Juice, Vietnamese coffee jelly with ice-cream, black pepper codfish, cod, crispy lemongrass beancurd, everything, grilled chicken with deep fried glutinous rice, hotpot, mango papaya shrimp salad, pancakes, pomelo prawn salad, salad rolls, set lunch, tofu (huge slabs), veggies, vietnamese coffee, yee sheng (CNY only) View all
Quiet, Dinner, Romance/First Dates, Lunch, Hidden Find, Fine Dining, After Work, Chillout, Business Dining, Private Dining, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Supper, Healthy Eating, Corporate Events, View/Scenery View all

A taste of Vietnam in Viet Lang

To read my full review with pics see here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

I have to say, I’m a sucker for Vietnamese street food – give me a Summer Roll or steaming bowl of Pho anytime and I’ll be one happy camper. But there are times when you want to go for the…well how should I say…the finer things in life. And if that time happens to marry with when you want to eat Vietnamese cuisine, your options can be quite limited.

But thankfully then, Viet Lang comes to the rescue!

Now you might be thinking, how do you take Vietnamese cuisine to that next level, when in essence it tends to be quite a simple cuisine? The answer is by using fresh, quality ingredients which let their flavours speak for themselves and which are showcased to their best through good presentation. This is most certainly something Viet Lang know a great deal about, seeing as most of their ingredients, sauces and condiments are imported directly from Vietnam, and they are rather handy on the presentation front.

Having recently moved from Chjimes to it's new place of residence at The Arts House, Viet Lang, is a rather elegant spot to savour Vietnamese cuisine from across the different regions.

Wanting to try as best spread as possible, being only two of us for a quick working lunch, we opted for the Vietnamese set lunch at $30++ which is rather good value for what you get.

We started off with the Starter Sampler which came with a Tangy Glass Noodle Salad, Signature House Dip, andHouse Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers.

Fresh and light, with prawns and bean sprouts, the noodle salad had just the right amount of bite to it and was a good start. But it was the skewers here which really did it for me - succulent, ever-so-tender chicken, and perfectly aromatic, these were a lovely surprise.

Moving on to the mains, for those who love seafood, the Sauteed Prawns in Coconut juice are rather delicious. Think fat, juicy prawns, served almost dry-style in a savoury coconut sauce reduction and just perfect in number, served up with a side of jasmine rice and morning glory. Very tasty indeed.

Want to read on? See here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Viet Lang Restaurant

Great Food, Good Menu Selection, unfortunately, Service a let-down.

We felt that they were doing us a great service and given a huge privilege by being let in at 1p.m. on a day in which they had a function in the afternoon. When seated, it took a long time for our food to arrive at 30 minute intervals with the appetisers (fresh spring rolls) coming after one of us had nearly completed the meal. Due to a mix-up of orders, I was at first delighted, when my meal apparently arrived first. Hungry, I was eager to tuck in, and emptied the whole of my garnish set comprising of beansprouts and mint leaves into my bowl, after squeezing all the juice out of the single lime supplied with the garnish, making sure I used my nails, and every finger of my unwashed hands (too hungry to bother) to squeeze every drop of lime juice, seeds included, into the bowl. Well, to my surprise, a waiter comes just before I am about to tuck into my nice messy bowl of noodles, and sweeps the bowl away from me swiftly, much to my confusion and dismay. Apparently my serving had been meant for the unwitting customer seated outside, who had not seen me salivating over his/her dish and mutilating the lime into it together with the garnish. Feeling a little guilty for my unwashed hands, I told the waiter, "Wait, Hey! You can't give this to someone else - I just emptied my whole garnish and lime into it!..." However, with a quick reassuring smile, my waiter assured me that it was fine seeing I hadn't eaten any part of it. So happy to see that the restaurant trusted my culinary skills!

Compare to Hanoi

I just returned from Hanoi disappointed, because I expected food there to exceed that at Viet Lang, and it didn't. Then again, I have to say that I am glad Viet Lang is in Singapore!

Nice plush decor and attentive staff with good quality of food, and it's not even expensive compared to similar restaurants in Hanoi.

Must tries are the jasmine glutinous rice cakes (it came as a side but I forgot which dish it was...), spring rolls and grilled beef/pork. Sorry I don't remember dishes very well but generally, we always have good food there.

Oh yeah, there's one I remember... the coffee jelly with ice-cream, though lacking in creativity, was a good way to end my meal.

Good food and quaint restaurant

We were there late so we decided not to order mains.

We ordered:

Bahn Xao (Vietnamese Pancake)

Beef La lot (beef wrapped in betal leaves)

Bahn Beo (rice cakes with conpoy)

Pho (Beef noodle)

Pomelo Salad

We thought everything would come in small servings but surprisingly, it was very sizeable portions for appetizers. The price was aroudn $12-16 per serving so we thought it was going to be a little smaller.

Overall, the food was lovely. The pho was a little boring but it didn't taste like it had msg. It was nice overall.

Almost perfect! Definitely recommend!

Just visited Viet Lang last night for my wedding anniversary dinner.

The restaurant is just almost perfect;

Food;

It is definitely one of the best Vietnamese restaurants in Singapore. Compare to dining in Ho Chi Minh, it is still good enough.

One tip; Pho (Beef noodle) tastes like something is missing but again, it is good enough to be listed as one of the best Vietnamese restaurants in town.

Value;

Not expensive. Obviously it is much more expensive than Ho Chi Minh but I cannot compare Singapore and Vietnam, right?

Service;

THE BEST! SIMPLY THE BEST! Even better than those fancy dining (sometimes they tend to ask so many unnecessary questions...)

Yvonne, the waitress prepared a complimentary dessert (even it is free, it was so nice). Just perfect smile with kindness.

One of the Best Ever!!!