Reviews for Viet Lang Restaurant

AsianIndochineseVietnamese
Talya Stone

A taste of Vietnam in Viet Lang

To read my full review with pics see here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

I have to say, I’m a sucker for Vietnamese street food – give me a Summer Roll or steaming bowl of Pho anytime and I’ll be one happy camper. But there are times when you want to go for the…well how should I say…the finer things in life. And if that time happens to marry with when you want to eat Vietnamese cuisine, your options can be quite limited.

But thankfully then, Viet Lang comes to the rescue!

Now you might be thinking, how do you take Vietnamese cuisine to that next level, when in essence it tends to be quite a simple cuisine? The answer is by using fresh, quality ingredients which let their flavours speak for themselves and which are showcased to their best through good presentation. This is most certainly something Viet Lang know a great deal about, seeing as most of their ingredients, sauces and condiments are imported directly from Vietnam, and they are rather handy on the presentation front.

Having recently moved from Chjimes to it's new place of residence at The Arts House, Viet Lang, is a rather elegant spot to savour Vietnamese cuisine from across the different regions.

Wanting to try as best spread as possible, being only two of us for a quick working lunch, we opted for the Vietnamese set lunch at $30++ which is rather good value for what you get.

We started off with the Starter Sampler which came with a Tangy Glass Noodle Salad, Signature House Dip, andHouse Grilled Lemongrass Chicken Skewers.

Fresh and light, with prawns and bean sprouts, the noodle salad had just the right amount of bite to it and was a good start. But it was the skewers here which really did it for me - succulent, ever-so-tender chicken, and perfectly aromatic, these were a lovely surprise.

Moving on to the mains, for those who love seafood, the Sauteed Prawns in Coconut juice are rather delicious. Think fat, juicy prawns, served almost dry-style in a savoury coconut sauce reduction and just perfect in number, served up with a side of jasmine rice and morning glory. Very tasty indeed.

Want to read on? See here: http://www.citynomads.com/reviews/city-hall/239/a-taste-of-vietnam-at-viet-lang

08 Oct 2012 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Compare to Hanoi

I just returned from Hanoi disappointed, because I expected food there to exceed that at Viet Lang, and it didn't. Then again, I have to say that I am glad Viet Lang is in Singapore!

Nice plush decor and attentive staff with good quality of food, and it's not even expensive compared to similar restaurants in Hanoi.

Must tries are the jasmine glutinous rice cakes (it came as a side but I forgot which dish it was...), spring rolls and grilled beef/pork. Sorry I don't remember dishes very well but generally, we always have good food there.

Oh yeah, there's one I remember... the coffee jelly with ice-cream, though lacking in creativity, was a good way to end my meal.

27 Sep 2012 • 74 reviews • 34 followers

A taste of Vietnam in Viet Lang

But thankfully then, Viet Lang comes to the rescue!

05 Nov 2011 • 8 reviews • 1 follower

Good food and quaint restaurant

We were there late so we decided not to order mains.

We ordered:

Bahn Xao (Vietnamese Pancake)

Beef La lot (beef wrapped in betal leaves)

Bahn Beo (rice cakes with conpoy)

Pho (Beef noodle)

Pomelo Salad

We thought everything would come in small servings but surprisingly, it was very sizeable portions for appetizers. The price was aroudn $12-16 per serving so we thought it was going to be a little smaller.

Overall, the food was lovely. The pho was a little boring but it didn't taste like it had msg. It was nice overall.