Summary

Beef Rendang, Fried Fish and Sotong., Teh Tarik, Butter Chicken, Eggplant with Sambal, Toufu with Long Beans View all
Brunch, Lunch View all

Delicious Halal local cusine for a abiding foodie like me

Well stumbled upon this place during my visit to Singapore in all my earlier visits over 7 in last 10 years, this is the best place i have stumbled upon. I am a lover of food courts and always land up at different food courts searching for Halal options.

Nevertheless to cut the story short or may be long, I finished my Friday prayers at Sultan Mosque and was loitering around looking for food and asked someone outside the mosque which is the best place he recommends and he guided me there with a caveat the food will be sold out and to my bad luck most of the stuff was sold out so i just ended up having rice with mutton curry.

Then a lady by the name of Siti gave me her card and asked me to call her up and confirm my order before coming and the very next day, i called her up and ordered, Fish, Lamb, Beef and Chicken dishes and went there by 11.30 AM and that was the best meal i had during my visit in Singapore.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to treat himself with a scrumptous local meal.

Most helpful reviews for Warong Nasi Pariaman

So disappointing after renovation

I have been eating there for almost 18 years and today was my 1st visit after they moved back to their original place. Food are not placed in a big metal bowl anymore, it has become so commercial....

The food are ok... last time much better... and the sambal suddenly become so sweet... is it because of Ramadan? I do not know.

Staffs are listless, no smile, even to an old customer like me. It is sad that it has succumbed to $$$$ 1st rather than good food and services.

My Go-To Place for Nasi Padang

I have been patronising this stall for many years and its always the place for me to get my nasi padang fix.

I had a craving recently and got my colleague interested, so we headed down for a meal.

We ordered the following items:

- Beef Rendang: This came 5 minutes after the rest of our food arrived, as it was just cooked! Nice thick chunks of beef. The rendang sauce is really god, perfect with plain rice!

- Eggplant with Sambal: Eggplant cut into chunks and fried. Its then laden with their special sambal chilli sauce. Spicy but yummy!

- Sambal Goreng: A quintessential dish to have when having nasi padang.  Beancurd, long beans and tempeh stir-fried together.

- Toufu with Long Beans: This is similar to lontong. But done a little differently here. The gravy is whitish and watery. A simple dish that completes the meal.

Also ordered a Teh Tarik for myself, which was good. My friend had an Iced Teh-O.

The meal costs $16.60 for 2.

Too little spice in the food here

For the full review with pictures, please go to http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2011/11/pariaman-warong-nasi.html

I really don't see the fuss with this place. Of all the many nasi padang restaurants littered along Kandahar Street, Pariaman is my least favourite. The variety of dishes is limited, dishes tend towards the delicate, and for all the rave reviews this place gets, their food is quite underwhelming.

Pariaman's food is a lot milder than what I'm used to at other nasi padanag places. But, this place is really quite dirt-cheap. An entire meal consisting 6 dishes for 3 persons cost barely $30. Another thing to note is to hit the eatery early, like before noon, because they sell out real fast.

We had:

1) Fried Batang Fish with Sambal - too mild. The sambal was more tangy than spicy, but it lent itself well to the clear salty taste of the fried fish. The hubby detected a hint of fishiness to the fried fish as well.

2) Omelette - must-try here. It's cooked upon order, so you won't see it over the ordering counter

3) Sayur Lodeh - very mild and watery version of what we're typically used to, with only long beans, a couple of sliced carrots and firm beancurd as the central ingredients

4) Beef Rendang - good, moist, fork-tender full-bodied meat that was thoroughly braised and packed with flavour, spicy, nutty and robust

5) Curry Chicken was also one of the more typical Padang dishes, the gravy was creamy, rich and loaded with enough heat and spice, while the chicken was juicy and well-marinated

6) Fried Long Beans with Beancurd was quite an unusual dish, crunchy diced long beans were paired with beancurd cubes, flavourful ikan bilis and a light peppery sambal

My Favourite Ayam Bakar

How much do I love it? I believe I have been eating there for coming to 40 years? Since my dad brought me there when I was a kid, now my son loves it too.

My dad and brothers simply lit up when we talk about it.

I think the old customers have seen their kids helping out at the coffee shop and they are the one managing it now.

Of course it is not exactly cheap, but just look at the Q. If u are late, the Ayam Bakar will be gone. Be there before 12 if you want to eat the Ayam. After 12 noon, try your luck la!