Reviews for Warong Nasi Pariaman

AsianHalalIndonesianLocalMalayMalay / IndonesianSingaporean
robo sushi

My Favourite Ayam Bakar

How much do I love it? I believe I have been eating there for coming to 40 years? Since my dad brought me there when I was a kid, now my son loves it too.

My dad and brothers simply lit up when we talk about it.

I think the old customers have seen their kids helping out at the coffee shop and they are the one managing it now.

Of course it is not exactly cheap, but just look at the Q. If u are late, the Ayam Bakar will be gone. Be there before 12 if you want to eat the Ayam. After 12 noon, try your luck la!

28 Feb 2012 • 575 reviews • 21 followers

Too little spice in the food here

For the full review with pictures, please go to http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2011/11/pariaman-warong-nasi.html

I really don't see the fuss with this place. Of all the many nasi padang restaurants littered along Kandahar Street, Pariaman is my least favourite. The variety of dishes is limited, dishes tend towards the delicate, and for all the rave reviews this place gets, their food is quite underwhelming.

Pariaman's food is a lot milder than what I'm used to at other nasi padanag places. But, this place is really quite dirt-cheap. An entire meal consisting 6 dishes for 3 persons cost
28 Jan 2012 • 11 reviews • 0 follower

My Favourite Ayam Bakar

My dad and brothers simply lit up when we talk about it.

23 Nov 2011 • 249 reviews • 562 followers

A heritage nasi padang stall you have to check out

When I think of "nasi padang", the first word that comes to mind is "Rendezvous". Then, the next image that forms in my mind is the really shiok yellow green chicken korma that the original Rendezvous Restaurant used to dish out.
Nasi padang might mean many things to different people, but for me, it is all about the chicken korma. This was the dish my parents used to order for me when I was a kid, as I couldn’t eat anything that was too spicy. My first taste of the dish was a little tentative as I thought that since it was curry, it had to be spicy. My mom was adamant that this wa