Mon - Sat: 11:30 - 22:00
Warung Lele Restaurant offers a 100% Indonesian food experience, and relentlessly searches for Indonesian recipes from different parts of Indonesia. Our head chef is an experienced Indonesian cook who personally oversees the preparation of all the sauces. He conducts checks on the taste, freshness, and consistency constantly to ensure that we maintain the highest quality at all times.
Contrary to popular belief, Indonesian food need not be hot and spicy. It is our mission to bring to our valued clients authentic and tasty Indonesian food. To be totally inclusive, we have prepared vegetarian dishes that Muslims, non-Muslims, and vegetarians can enjoy. While our mainstay is Indonesian cuisine, we also serve Chinese, Malay, and other Asian food variants for our catering services.
Frequent this place for lunch time. The fried lele (cat fish) is always perfectly crispy! Pair it with yellow rice and chilli and you're in for a nice lunch. Great restaurant in the CBD area that is not so expensive.
Read the full review at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com/2010/11/warung-lele-restaurant.html
By the time we arrived for lunch at 1.10pm, many of their popular dishes had run out, like the curry chicken (ayam kalio) and fried beancurd with egg (tahu telor). Ah well, we learnt that day that you really need to get to the restaurant before 12.50pm for lunch.
1) Sate Ayam ($7.50 for 6 sticks)- thick chunky pieces of juicy chicken meat
2) Ayam Bakar Bumbu Santan ($7.50) juicy cilandak homemade marinated BBQ chicken, drenched in a thick, paste-like sambal
3) Sayur Lodeh ($7) - rich, creamy and full-bodied
4) Sapi Lapis Surabaya ($8)- Jawa Timur style sliced dry beef rendang. This was just alright, not as fork-tender as I'd like, and a little dry on the inside. But the chili gravy was fantastic.
I just went for dinner to Warung Lele as they had Groupon promotion, $15 for $30 value. It's 4 of us, 3 adults & 1 toddler.
The restaurant was really crowded with fellow Groupons users. The restaurant obviously couldn't handle the crowd at all. Service was HORRIBLE!
A few unpleasant instances:
1. The coupon states that it's 1 coupon for 3 pax, 2 coupons max. The waitress actually tried to tell me that I can only used 1 coupon. What about my toddler, isn't he a person? Until I point out the fact that they agreed to let me use both coupons.
2. I had to ask at least 5 times before water was served to us. I noticed that other customers had the same problems as well, having to ask repeatedly before being served. I understand that it's busy time, but this is really unacceptable bad service.
3. The coupon states that it's for dine in only, no takeaway. After we ordered more than $100 of food, there's a bit of left over. I ask the waitress to help me pack away the leftover, and rejected flatly by a NO - that this the Groupon condition. I had to actually speak to the manager / owner (not sure who he is), and he also told me NO at first, until I argue with him. Take away, and packing of leftover is not the same thing, and this is just such a waste of food. I understand that the condition is to prevent misuse of the coupons, but this is just ridiculous. I had used Groupon in many other places, and only treated this way in this restaurant.
4. Same thing for asking for the bill, had to ask at least 5 times, and had to wait 15 minutes before bill is finally settled.
5. The grilled fish served to us was burnt.
All in all, this is one of the worst experience I've ever had dining in a Groupon offered restaurang. If Warung Lele is not ready for Groupon, then they shouldn't have done it in the first place. I know after this Groupon experience, I'm not coming back to this place.
Such a pity, as the food is pretty good. The management should learn how to get repeat customers, instead of being so calculative at all times, it's very unpleasant.
1. Sate Ayam
2. Ayam Bakar
3. The Grilled Fish is pretty good, but it's burnt terribly
4. Es Teler is really good.