chee cheong fun4 votes
Take Away5 votes

Shawn Lee
 • 17 Feb 2014 9 reviews 0 follower
Overall
LOVED the vegetarian beancurd roll. must try for me! scallop porridge was good too. service wasn't so great but still acceptable. if you sit outside, beware of the mosquitos. food quality comparable to swee choon I guess. swee choon might taste slightly better but the range is definitely better here.

Must tries: vegetarian roll

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Cheap Eat/Budget, High Tea, Vibrant/Noisy
  • scallop porridge
  • frog
  • crispy yam

Seth Lui
 • 21 Jan 2014 67 reviews 2 followers
Seth Lui's Food Blog: 126 Dim Sum

The thai-style fried crab bee hoon is really, really, really good. Full of garlic flavours that infuse into the noodles and crab so well.

A few other good items as well which you'll want to check out in my blog link above. Oh whatever you do, don't order the liu sha bao. It is a lie.

Must tries: chee cheong fun, crab bee hoon

Boys Night Out, Cheap Eat/Budget, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy

missuschewy
 • 04 Nov 2013 22 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review and photos on all the dishes we had, pls head to www.missuschewy.com or http://missuschewy.com/2011/10/25/wan-dou-sek-unique-comforting-dim-sum-247/

I wouldn’t really say that we stumbled upon Wan Dou Sek Dim Sum which to me, is like an unpolished gem. The husband and I fell in love with this place when the in-laws took us there for breakfast. ‘Wan dou sek‘ means ‘found something to eat’ in Cantonese. It also sounds like ’126′ and it is a coincidence (or maybe not?) that this dim sum eatery is located at 126 Sims Avenue. Pretty interesting huh? :) So why do I call this place an unpolished gem? Wan Dou Sek is truly an unpretentious dim sum eatery, so don’t expect fanciful teapots and cutlery. You step in, take a seat, place your orders, eat, pay up and leave. I don’t suppose anybody would want to linger around and chat. Wan Dou Sek is definitely a place that I will keep revisiting because they have so many things to offer on their menu! Apart from your typical dim sum items, there are plenty of interesting offerings, including crab beehoon! And like many other places, there are bound to be some hits and misses. More hits than misses for Wan Dou Sek. Read this: Wan Dou Sek is open 24 hours! Hurray! :)

After Work, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, Dinner, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, High Tea, Large Groups, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Night Out, People Watching, Relaxed, Supper, Take Away, Trendy, Vibrant/Noisy