White Dog Café has closed.

Review for (Closed) White Dog Café

Western
Address: #02-131/132, Vivocity, 1 Harbourfront Walk, 098585
23 Mar 2007 • 12 Reviews • 3 Followers

Disappointing experience

Overall
I wish I didn't have to say this, but I had an unpleasant experience at White Dog Cafe. Both food and service were of sub-standard, and it was really a disappointment.

Let me justify my opinion.

A couple of friends and I ordered set lunches (main course, soup and tea/coffee) - priced at $18.90. The soup of the day was reminiscent of Maggi instant noodles soup base - probably laced with copious amounts of MSG and what-not. I ordered pasta with chicken pieces, and it was just average - nothing to boast about. For the price that I'm paying, I expected the food to be of a higher standard, but it was clearly not.

As for the service, what's more frustrating when the service crew gets the order mixed up? My friend was served a pasta dish of a lower value than what she ordered, and the service crew did not even bother to exchange or compensate for the difference. Only when my friend started to fuss about the mistake, did the manager come along to resolve the matter. By that time, the damage has already been done.

Food and service aside, the ambience is fairly good; though I wonder why jazz music is being played in the afternoon.
Recommended for