White Dog Café has closed.

Summary

Food/Drink3
Classic Beef Burger, Pork Knuckle, Berry Banana Bonanza, Foie Gras, Fried Calamari, Ice Water (HAHA!), Mango Chicken delight, Margarita pizza, Salmon Bruschetta, Soups, Steaks, Tenderloin steak, Texan Beef Ribs, Warm Chocolate Cake, lobster bisque, mangolicious smoothie, s/banana milkshake, triple mushroom soup View all
Dinner, Lunch, View/Scenery, Waterfront, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, Chillout, Children/Family, Girls Night Out, Quiet, Romance/First Dates, Boys Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Business Dining, Cheap Eat/Budget View all

Disappointing experience

I wish I didn't have to say this, but I had an unpleasant experience at White Dog Cafe. Both food and service were of sub-standard, and it was really a disappointment.

Let me justify my opinion.

A couple of friends and I ordered set lunches (main course, soup and tea/coffee) - priced at $18.90. The soup of the day was reminiscent of Maggi instant noodles soup base - probably laced with copious amounts of MSG and what-not. I ordered pasta with chicken pieces, and it was just average - nothing to boast about. For the price that I'm paying, I expected the food to be of a higher standard, but it was clearly not.

As for the service, what's more frustrating when the service crew gets the order mixed up? My friend was served a pasta dish of a lower value than what she ordered, and the service crew did not even bother to exchange or compensate for the difference. Only when my friend started to fuss about the mistake, did the manager come along to resolve the matter. By that time, the damage has already been done.

Food and service aside, the ambience is fairly good; though I wonder why jazz music is being played in the afternoon.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) White Dog Café

Yummy Hot Chocolate Cake

If you are a fan of hot chocolate cake, try it there. It is yummy. So reserve some space in your stomach when you're ordering your main course. Try the beef steak!

A place worth recommending

With the statue of the dog outside and the name of the restaurant, the impression it gave me was this shop is meant for the animals. Until I looked closely at the menu then I realised it is a restaurant which serves western cuisine. And I must say, a restaurant with yummy food! Their mushroom soup is thick and delicious. Unlike the usual canned mushroom soup. Their main dishes also left a deep impression on me. Cordon bleu chicken chop… thin breaded crust on the outside with cheese and ham wrapped around the chicken breast on the inside. Thumbs up! The taste is simply great! This café also serves delicious fruit shake. My mango shake is very good with plenty servings of mango on top of the shake. All in all, this café really serve good quality food and best of all, at a low price. Absolutely value for money! It is a great place for gatherings, be it with friends of families. It’s a place which worth me recommending to my friends.

White Dog does not remind you of animals but the restaurant

White dog reminds you of nothing about animals but the restaurant located at Vivo City. Previously, I was shopping around with my girlfriend when we decided to dine in at White Dog. The ambience was great and suitable for couples to dine in.

Firstly, our appetitizer came and the creamy corn soup was thumbs up.
However, the chicken chop dissappoint my girlfriend because it seems pretty blend and tasteless.
As for mine main course, I ordered pasta with bacons.
Well, it seemed to me that I made the right choice because it was mouth-watering after you've tried the first mouthful.
In conclusion, it's just a so-so restaurant and if I am given another choice, I might not make my first step in again...... unless there's improvement to the food.

Had set lunch promotion with colleagues.

Went there with colleagues for lunch. They were having set lunch promotion so thought we could give it a try. A few tables were filled when we entered, maybe it was because we went during the late lunch hour, around 1.30 to 2pm. The ambience was pretty good, we could see the scenery of Sentosa across the waters, cables threading in the air, beautiful fluffy candy floss with true sky blue as its background. It was a nice and relaxing sight after a whole busy morning of work.

Orders were taken and waiter explained when we couldn't understand some of the items listed on the menu. It wasn't long before food came. Nice presentation at first sight. Looks and smells great. The set lunch includes salad with various nuts, soup with bread, mains.

The soup is smooth and has a unique taste which after discussing, we came to the conclusion that it's some kind of cream that they use. For the mains, my piece of grilled pork with what looks like carrots (but not carrots), tasted just right. It's so tender that when cutting, the meat makes way gracefully for the knife. It's chewy yet not "stubborn". Beside it, is a small portion of brown rice which i thought will not be enough for me. Turns out after finishing the whole set, i was simply full.

We had a nice experience and decent food over there. Although the overall which i would say is relatively nice, it's not fantastic to the point where i would dine there again if given other choices. Yeah, but it's something worth trying.

Set Lunch @White Dog Cafe

Cheap and nice 3 course lunch set from $10.90++, include a White Dog Waldorf Salad, a soup and a main course.

More photos and review at http://monsoontravel.blogspot.com/2012/03/set-lunch-white-dog-cafe.html

White dog cafe offered a variety of choices (~18) for the main course, much more than what is usually offered in other restaurants.

White dog Waldorf Salad and Soup of your choice

You can choose Veloute of White Dory or Barley Chicken Broth. White dory cream soup sounds fishy and weird initially, but it turn out to be quite ok.

Grilled Pork Chop with Prune and Apple Salsa

Pork was nicely charred, not too tough and quite fragrant. The prune and apple salsa doesn't look appetizing but it does compliment the pork well and is not too sweet. Portion of the meat was small, but should be sufficient for the average as the mains are served with a small portion of raisin organic brown rice.

There is much room for improvement for their service. Never sight a single smile from the gloomy waitresses and it also took quite a while for them to settle the bill.

Nonetheless, will still be back again as the food is relatively cheap.