Summary

seafood pancake, Bimbimbap, Soy Garlic Fried Chicken, Ginseng chicken soup, Spicy sausage and ham stew, deep fried chicken View all
After Work, Children/Family, Dinner, BBQ, Birthdays, Hidden Find, Lunch, Large Groups/Gathering, Ala Carte, Chillout, Healthy Eating, Take Away, Vibrant/Noisy View all

Fairly tasty food, but beware of their promotions.

Went there twice but not by choice.Food there was fairly tasty though I have tasted better elsewhere, now with the proliferation of Korean restaurants in Singapore. Ambience is homely and simple. Prices are probably reasonable considering the size of their portions (more on that later). They do have a very reasonably priced promotion voucher for a "all you can eat" a la carte buffet, on sale online.But beware.I bought 2 of these vouchers online, which was how I got to know about this restaurant tucked away somewhere in the Bukit Timah area. When we first went there, the restaurant was almost empty, but we were told that there was a quota on the number of these a la carte buffets everyday, and the quota had been exceeded on that day. We were advised to book in advance in future. They have a buffet and they have a quota???
The second time we went, we made an advanced booking. We ordered 4 dishes for two of us. We asked for small portions but were told that all their dishes were of standard size. The Ginseng Chicken soup came with half a chicken. Then a humongous plate of pork with ginger, enough to feed 4, and then the volcano chicken, with 10 pieces of chicken, again enough to feed 4. We called the manager to cancel the last dish of the salted saba, but we were told that we could not cancel the order.At the end of the meal, we were told that we would be charged $10 for the leftover food: one piece (out of 10 pieces) of chicken, and a quarter slice of the saba fish. And that was after she agreed to waive the charge for some scraps of meat sticking to the ginseng chicken bones (she claimed that most people clean out all the meat from the bones) and mostly onions from the pork dish.It was ridiculous and possibly a scam to recoup the price of the promo vouchers. Firstly, why a quota on an a la carte buffet? Secondly, most a la carte buffets would customise the size of the dishes to the number of people eating. How difficult is it to do that? And if they cannot do that, then set a minimum number of people for the buffet.As it stands, one voucher should only get you one dish (so what sort of buffet is that?). Anymore, you will probably be overwhelmed by food and you will be charged exorbitantly for any leftovers.Wouldn't go back again. Not because of the food, but rather the attitude of the restaurant.

Most helpful reviews for Woorinara Korean Restaurant

If you love chicken scratchings

Boneless or bone-in, the skin on this District 21 Korean restaurant's fried chicken is crisp, dry and only slightly oily. It’s coated with a thin shell of flour, so the flavour and texture of the scratchings-like skin is retained. The skin holds the dense, honey-like sauce well too – the Yum Yum sauce is sweet, very slightly spicy, and mildly garlicky; the Soy is equally thick and sweet, balanced out by the saltiness of the soy; and the garlic chicken is the spiciest, with fresh chopped garlic mixed into the Yum Yum or Soy sauces. Past the light, crisp skin are moist chunks of thoroughly marinated chicken (plenty of thigh meat) so you will still be satisfied if you pick the non-sauced original. You can ask for the sampler platter (boneless chicken – original, yum yum and soy chicken; nine pieces for $20) to come with the garlic versions (on its own, 11 bone-in pieces for $17; boneless $19), but you’ll be charged extra for requesting four instead of three types. Be warned, this casual 40-plus seater gets packed with residential clients, even on a Monday – they serve other dishes, of course.

Customerized taste of Korea

I has been always disappointed with any other korean restaurants as they serve foods which is unsatisfying. Foods in woorinara gives more choice to us. I was impressed with the options of chickens! Btw garlic and cheese fried chicken was awesome! We also ordered glass noodle with veggies, army stew and seafood pancake! Pancake was a bit oily but it was still good. Its crispy and i loved it. The most recommend one is army stew!

It was really awesome

Their chicken and pancake are very nice and crispy, and army stew was very delicious. They have a lot of choices of menu and they explain it so kindly. It was my friend's birthday and they gave us korean drink freely for all of us. I strongly recommend this place and I expect to go there again. Thank you so much.

Keeping it real

Look carefully.  The restaurant has written a number of articles on Korean food on this website, and in the process given itself 5 stars each time.  Their rating is therefore inflated.

I ordered both the pajeon and ginseng chicken.  Pajeon was tasteless.  Ginseng chicken soup tasted oily and bland.  I couldn't detect any ginseng in it. My wife and I left disappointed.