Reviews for Yan Ting

AsianCantoneseChineseDim Sum
FattyL

Dim sum classics perfected

Summarising the entire experience, YT makes pretty darn good classic dim sum dishes like the char siew sou, har gau, rice rolls and char siew baos. They also dish up several novel and interesting dishes like their salted egg yolk prawns (which are served atop a bed of egg whites in a filo pastry cup) and the sesame ball with malt balls chocolate.

However their prices tend to be a little steep for several dishes like their custard buns, xiao long bao and steamed cake with egg custard. The quality of these items did not justidy the hefty price tag. They also have a pretty limited range of steamed dim sums.

On the overall there were more hits than misses, so it's definitely worth a visit. Do concentrate on the basics though cause the others might prove to be a disappointment.

For pictures and a full review, scoot over to http://ateenyspoonofsugar.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/yan-ting-dim-sum-at-st-regis/
28 Dec 2014 • 73 reviews • 0 follower

Very expensive vis-a-vis quality of food

This place is strictly for special ocassions. Ambiance is top class here with good service. Food i.e. dim sum, however is not up to par with the ambiance. Wouldn't rate it anywhere close to being the best dim sum; in fact, some dishes comes across as blend. You are literally paying for the ambiance and service.
Salted egg yolk buns
08 Nov 2014 • 8 reviews • 0 follower

St Regis Singapore : Yan Ting

I felt we were not appropriately dressed for such a pristine place. My husband only called me on the road for lunch at St Regis while I was picking our children up from their extra-curriculum activities. My younger girl was in her CCA's full uniform while my older girl was in T-shirt and tights which resembled pyjamas to me. We spent a good ten minutes in the immaculate marbled washroom doing our best to fix the situation before showing up at Yan Ting. The waiter ushered us in pleasantly. On our part, it was a nice relief to realize that no one was judging us for our dressing. My husband was already there, seated at a table semi-concealed by curtains. I immediately got the daughter garbed in pyjamas look-alike to sit in the most out-of-sight corner. After making ourselves comfortable, I looked around and immediately understood why my worries about our dressing were uncalled for. St Regis, despite being one of the more expensive places in Singapore, is still a hotel after all; and hotel guests go for their meals from their rooms in comfortable clothings which resemble pyjamas. It was a very comfortable meal. Good food, pleasant environment, clean and bright place which carries an aura of importance without me feeling judged. Where food is concerned, my personal favorites are the soya sauce chicken and the bean curd roulette. The banana with red bean paste fritters taste a bit strange and a tad bit too oily.
07 Nov 2014 • 99 reviews • 0 follower

Improvements shown in their Weekend Dim Sum Brunch Buffet!

For full review & photos, please visit:

Most of the food here were quite good now compared to my previous visit in June 2014.
There was only a few tables on that day i visited, probably it's due to the price increased from $98++ to $108++ per person now. So the service for me on that day was quite prompt since there's no crowd.
Waiting time for the food was within 10-15 mins while some of the items waited for more than 20 mins. As there was no crowd + the buffet is only for 2 hours, the waiting time for the food was a bit long, hope they can improve in this area. Overall this restaurant is worth a visit with the cosy and very elegant ambience! They have ala carte menu as well - Good for special occasion!