Summary

bibimbap, Dakgalbi, Charcoal BBQ, Ginseng Chicken, KimChi, Pork Rib Soup with Potatoes, Spicy Rice Cake (nian gao), seafood pancake View all
Dinner, After Work, Lunch, Children/Family, Quiet, Hidden Find, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering View all

닭갈비

One of my favourite dishes in Korea was dakgalbi, spicy stir-fied chicken (the English description do little justice to the dish, but it is simply that).

I found out from ieatishootipost that Your Woul serves dakgalbi so I headed down to Your Woul with a few of my friends just for their dakgalbi. Unfortunately, it wasn't the dakgalbi we know in the Korea. Instead of a simpel stir-fried dish on a large pan with chunks of chicken, rice cakes, cabbage and spicy sauce. This has carrots, onions and other kinds of vegetables in it. The most disappointing thing is that chicken was in miserable strips.

Nonetheless, the best part of the meal was when we decided to add rice to the pan after the gravy has simmered down to a thick sauce to the amusement of the Korean lady owner. She mentioned that this is the Korean way to eat it and happily help us stir fry the rice and thick gravy and even added seaweed for us. That last bit really brought us back to Korea.

The Sundubu Jjigae here is not bad but they have beef in it instead of white clams. Banchan was refillable and decent.

However, do be informed that Your Woul doesn't serve water, a bottle of mineral water of coke would cost you 3 SGD, so bring your own water!

Overall, the food is not bad here but its slightly pricey. THe sundubu jjigae cost 12.00+ SGD (with rice) and the dakgalbi cost 39.00+ SGD.

Most helpful reviews for Your Woul Korean Restaurant

Have the Sam gyop sal here!

Here is what we ordered (2 people):

Sam gyop sal (pork belly) - 2 portions

Yang nyom tweji kalbi (marinated pork ribs) - 2portions

haemul pajeon (seafood pancake) - 1.

Managed to finish all the food, but it was a challenge given the side dishes (free flow)!

The pork belly was delicious and I would eat this again.

The marinated pork ribs tasted a bit tough but the marinade was nice.

Seafood pancake is a must try!

Food was served promptly and service was good.

Great place to catch up with friends!

Last month I did my first review on Yourwoul when I met up with SY for dinner. It was a rather nice experience so 2 nights ago I went again with Belle. Novena is a good place for meet ups coz it’s centralized and the more important point is – it’s not crowded.

Belle was super early so she got seated inside first. I reached at about 615pm and the restaurant was empty. I noticed that the restaurant looked much brighter and newer so think some renovation was done.

So we started yakking away about the past and present (we have not met up since… Feb!), after ordering 4 items and 1 Makkoli at Yourwoul.

For full review and pics, please check out http://wendylimwendy.com/2015/07/31/yourwoul-korean-restaurant-food-review-part-2/ cheers!

Cosy experience with Your Woul

I tell you, mindless chatter while indulging in a good dinner with a friend has become such a precious activity when one becomes a parent. Every rare dinner date is just too short! I reached Your Woul at about 625pm and was there in time to see a big group of Korean tourists stepping out of the restaurant looking rather full and happy. The first thought that came to my mind was “Alamak, inside still go space for me anot?”

Thankfully, that group of tourists that left was the only table.

A Korean lady greeted me and seated me down, then went on to clear the tables. The restaurant was not big. It was a bit narrow and longish, with comfortable wooden chairs. And shortly after, SY sauntered in and we ordered Seafood Pancake and Pork Rib Potato Soup (Gamjatang). We also ordered some bottled berry drinks.

Actually I wasn’t very hungry – I had quite a lot of food at my office’s TGIF (as usual) and also it was my first day of menses :( kind regretted coz I ended up eating not as much at Your Woul. SY ate a lot of these though – she said the beancurd, fish cake and lotus roots were nice. I had some kimchi, very good!

We tried both the Omija Juice and Black Chokeberry Juice – I personally liked the Omija Juice a lot – If you see the Chinese translation it’s 五味子 (Five Flavor Tea), which I have drunk before in Jeju – I bought back a few bottles back home even. It’s a sourish but very refreshing an appetizing fruity herbal drink that’s very beneficial to your body. Not sure about this bottled version though – probably this has added sugar and stuff. But still nice!

Our Gamjatang arrived in a grand big (but shallow) pot. This portion is good for 2-3 pax, but I think SY and I were kinda shaken by the size – it looked huge. We asked for a less spicy version so it came without the chilli powder on top.

We went without rice as suggested by the Korean lady. Which we regretted because the soup would go super well with rice. Without rice, we felt ‘jerlat’ after drinking too much of the soup. So if you order this, please have it with rice. The pork ribs were very tender and flavourful but the potatoes were a bit hard (still cooked though).

We finished maybe 2/3 of this. On hindsight, I might have more appetite if I had ordered some rice to eat with this Gamjatang and the side dishes!

I probably will not order Gamjatang again the next time I am here. I will likely order soondubu chigae or kimchi chigae – my usual favourites!

... for full review and pics, please refer to http://wendylimwendy.com/2015/06/29/your-woul-korean-restaurant-at-goldhill-centre-novena-food-review/ - cheers!

NEVER EAT HERE!

DON'T EAT HERE!  I ordered the bbq ribs (LA galbi) and was told I had to order minimum two orders. I ordered 2 @ S$18/order for a total of $36++ (S$39.60 total). The portion they brought out was insultingly small and tasted awful. I questioned whether this was 2 orders as it didn't even look like 1 order. There was barely over 100 grams of meat. They insisted this was 2 orders. I asked how big 1 order is, and they refused to answer the question. I had to eat somewhere else afterwards to actually be full. This place is a total ripoff! DON'T EAT HERE!!

Save yourself the aggravation and go to Ssikkek Korean Grill down the street. For S$22, you can get all you can eat korean bbq that is better quality and much better price.