Summary

tandoori chicken sandwich, Garlic Naan, Mini samosa, Pakoda, Vadai, kebab wrap View all
Dinner View all

SkinnyHippo - Malaysia's Vegetarian Food Guide: Zaffron Kitchen Westgate Singapore

My trip to Singapore always will end being a day trip for work and all i do is travel from Changi airport to my office in Jurong and back. Never had a time to venture out much. And because of this, my lunches with my team guys always end up in Komala's, which is a nearby shop that serves Indian style fast food.

This time round i stayed back for two days, so we ventured for a longer walk through Big Box Mall to Jurong East Mall ( JEM) and to an interconnected Westgate. I was certainly impressed with all these malls so close by and connected. Reminded me of Manila.

We ended up in a place called Zaffron Kitchen , that came highly recommended by my team. In their words, " Its one Good , Decent Indian place" .

From the entrance, it does not look a normal conventional Indian restaurant, rather a more French eatery. Their deco, inspired by British Indian  was tasteful in brown hues and well lit  with large glass windows at the entrance. There is a bar area in the restaurant that gives it a very sophisticated look. Zaffron Kitchen Westgate is one of the International Property Award Asia Pacific 2014 winners - to top it off.

First thing as we sat down on the table, the conventional menu book wasn't brought to us, but rather a nice Ipad in a wooden casing. How cool.

Everything is self service ie you get to order on the ipad and then confirm quantity on the app.

The menu comprises of north Indian and South Indian cuisine. They had Kebabs, Tandoori items, curries, Briyanis and for the slight twist, Burgers and Wraps. I LOVE THIS PLACE.Everything fuses the wonderful tastes of Indian flavours, like the Breaded Fish and Chips that are served with Masala fries, or the Sheekh Mutton Wrap. We opted for the traditional items this time. I have another excuse to visit this place next time to sample the western stuff. We even saw Teh Tarik on the menu.

We ordered only couple of items on the menu. All are not big eaters around me :-). But every single one of them blew me out. Tantalizing on the tastebuds, all of us relished each bite. They were rich, authentic and pleasant on the eyes.

Butter naan ( SGD4) and Paneer Butter Masala (SGD13)  was a match made in heaven. The bread was light and crisp, the butter was not overpowering  and the Paneer was truly the softest and tastiest, unlike those frozen ones you get in many Indian shops in KL.

The Vegetarian Briyani came as a surprise for me. Soft grains of Bhasmati rice cooked with herbs and spices...

Originally posted at: oneskinnyhippo.blogspot.my/2015/12/zaffron-kitchen-westgate-singapore.html

Most helpful reviews for Zaffron Kitchen (Westgate)

Dinner at Zaffron

For pictures and detailed review: http://sgrollies.blogspot.sg/2015/07/review-zaffron-kitchen-westgate.html
 I seldom eat indian food but this restaurant is different, that's why after trying it once, I brought my friend to try it too.. Overall, the food is quite good, possibly the best indian food I have ever eaten in a restaurant. Service needs to be improved though.

Reporting of Dishonesty of Zaffron Kitchen

Food/Drink N/A | Value 1 | Ambience N/A | Service 1

We would like to report dishonest behaviour of Restaurant owner to all concerned customers. We were 4 people who went to restaurant after seeing "one for one" beer offer and we ordered 4 beers hoping to be billed for 2. We also confirmed from waiter if the offer stands true and he confirmed affirmative. In the end, we were billed for 4 beers and the reason cited was that we needed to order in that particular section in their IPAD (They take offers through ipads on each table). When we asked, why would some one expect a normal consumer to read all terms and conditions, we were told that some customer do not want to utilise one for one offer and hence their orders need to specify this. We are extremely baffled with sheer dishonesty and malice of owner. We will never visit this dishonest place ever and we advise all people who believe dishonesty should not be tolerated, not to visit this place. SHAMEFUL Zaffron Kitchen.

Good food but poor service

Went for a special occasion but our experience was ruined due to poor service. We asked the staff to remove class cutlery for my young child. However the glass removed removed and as usual my kid broke the glass. The glass pieces went into our food and it was ruined.

Had to ask for servittes serveral times. Also the staff serving us didn't know english.

This place certainly needs to give focus to their service and improve it.

good food but bad service

I visit this outlet often and so is in a good position to see its transformation. Firstly food quality has maintain over time. But service is getting worst. Today I made a reservation but they did not have record of it. Then the waiter reluctantly led us to our table shaking his head. We asked for warm water and he delivered ice water instead. I did not feel welcome. Fortunately, not all staff are behaving badly. Will still visit but probably not as often anymore.