Zhou's Kitchen has closed.

Review for (Closed) Zhou's Kitchen (Anchorpoint Shopping Centre) (周庄)

3.4

AsianChineseLocalSingaporeanVegetarian
Address: Copperdome, Anchorpoint Shopping Centre, 370 Alexandra Road, 159952
19 Apr 2008
Overall

Above average food at affordable price

Went to Zhou's Kitchen with colleagues for lunch yesterday.

We ordered the 4 pax set lunch @$68+++.

Set Lunch consists of

Cold cut meats (octupus, chicken and jelly fish)- average

Hot and sour soup - Good

Tofu with spinach - Good

Wasabi prawn - average

Braised clayport chicken - average

Red bean paste pastries - Good

We sat at the tables along balcony with full view of Ikea alexandra. Quite a good place to have afternoon tea.

We paid using UOB card and got a 15% voucher for next visit (can be used at all Tung Lok rest.) They gave us a brochure on their high tea buffet on Sat, Sun and PH. Each pax is $15.80+++ from 3.30 - 5.00pm. The menu looks good, may go there and try it/...

More reviews of Zhou's Kitchen

Decent Food

I always love Tung Lok's decent food. Whenever I visit Ikea, I do not forget to step into Zhou's Kitchen. My favourites are:Steamed Sea Bass with Chef’s Special Spicy Sauce - sauce is very special and nice Poached Young Cabbage with Bamboo Fungus were fantastic. Steamed Cha Siew Bao the outer layer of buns are sliced so that after they are steamed, it will reveal part of the ChaSiew fillings inside. Fried Crispy Noodles with Shredded Duck Meat and Pickled Vegetables was is my favorite. Hot and sour soup and Tofu with spinach were good and well balanced Chicken Yam Puffs - Another Dim Sum delight, deep fried puffs with yam filling. Nice while it was hot.

Dinner experience

having a company CNY dinner here, a bit disappointed. very few staff understand english and our expats have some difficulties to liaise. however, we could see that some effort were done to solve the issue by the manager. foods are average, maybe due to different style of cooking ? on the positive note, the peking duck is good and worth to try.

Tea Buffet

We enjoyed the tea buffet on Saturday.  It was $16 and they had a good selection of hot and cold items.  The service was a bit slow when the place got crowded, but overall it was a good value.

nice ambience

I visited Zhou Kitchen at Square 2 for the Hi-tea buffet. This is my first time for dinner.

The Zhou Kitchen at Anchor point has a really nice ambience. The drinks station in the middle helps to partition the tables to give some privacy. It is half full on a Friday night.

The Peking duck has quite a thick layer of fat and so it is not so crispy.

I have about 4 Zhou Kitchen vouchers (redeem $20 for every $50 spent), if you (limited to my friends) are keen, let me know.

Good simple chinese dishes

Looking for a place to have a simple Chinese dinner with the family some time back and dad recommended trying Zhou's Kitchen, located at Anchorpoint. Dad seldom has specific requests, so I believe he must have good enough reasons to suggest this eatery. We have always passed by it but somehow have never stop to take a second look at it.

Zhou's Kitchen is a casual Chinese dining concept by the good people of Tung Lok, who is a big name in Chinese/ Cantonese food locally and is usually a member in the fine dining arena (read "costly"). Think My Humble House, Tung Lok Signatures and you get the picture. Of course we deserve a treat once in a while, but sometimes you just want a good meal without having to break the bank and this is where Zhou's Kitchen comes in. It serves homecooked favourites in an informal environment, which makes it a good place to meet up with the folks and chat and laugh heartily, without worrying of being too noisy or boisterous. And really, that's what family dinners are all about, right?

My sis is a big fan of Peking Duck and she couldn't give this dish a miss. The duck was roasted to a tantalising, glistering perfection, which gave it a crisp outer skin. I felt it was slightly on the thin side and would prefer mine with a bit of fat, but that's just me. The skin was bundled in its blanket of crepe, which you could add on spring onions and sweet sauce. The results? A harmonious mix of texture of soft crepe, crisp duck skin and the crunch of spring onions with a dollop of sweetness from the sauce. We like.

The Broccoli were crunchy and sprightly and the scallops amidst the sea of green was fresh and chewy.

The Salted Egg Yolk Prawns was the star dish of the night and my fav. The crustaceans were mid sized but held a firm bite. The salted egg yolk was spread in the form of a paste over the prawns and gave such a nice salty flavour to the prawns that I was licking the paste off their shells! When I got to the nubbly bits of the salted yolks, it was like this tiny explosion of salty paste in your mouth. Ok, I exaggerated a little...but it was really good.

The steamed fish in a hot pot was bubbling hot when served and was succulent and fresh but the best part of the dish was its broth, which was sweet and light. With the tofu bits in there, it warmed our tummies.

Grandma's braised pork with tofu was well done in tenderness and came with good layers of meat and fats, that doesn't get you feeling jelak (sick) after consumption. The savoury braised dark sauce goes well with plain white rice.

Our duck meat from the earlier Peking Duck was fried with into a plate of Eefu noodles, which is pretty normal. I must say its of a huge portion though.

All in all, a good meal in an easy environment that we thoroughly enjoyed. So they are right to say that we should always listen to dad.

For more pictures, pls refer to http://wildrocketing.blogspot.com/2009/10/zhous-kitchen.html