meryl mah •
04 Oct 2011 • 5 reviews • 0 follower
It was a Saturday Afternoon and my friend and I were hunting for a place to have lunch at. The food courts were packed as well as Din Tai Feng and Thai Express till we chanced upon Zhou's Kitchen hidden on the 3rd floor of the newer extension of Jurong Point. Since we were extremely famished and Zhou's kitchen had vacancy, we decided to take up the ala carte buffet lunch at just $20.80++. We were beaming with excitement and hunger.
The waitress sat us down quickly at the upper level of the restaurant, being first timers at Zhou's Kitchen, we were intrigued by the furnishings. The green bamboos were artistically used as decor against the grey elegant background.
The menu is rather extensive for the price we were paying for. Here are some of the dishes we tried and love:
1) Sliced pork with garlic sauce- fragrant garlic sauce with a tinge of peanut hue. Couldnt stop nibbling at this.
2) Deep fried beancurd with salted pepper- It came piping hot and the outside of the tofu was crispy but when bitten into, the tofu was really soft and smooth.
3) BBQ pork pastry- my FAVOURITE. It was filled with fillings and the skin was not too thick. I had to order two servings of this and even wanted to take some home for my parents to try!
4) Turnip cake with chinese sausage- Fragrant and soft.
5) Mini Egg Tarts- These came really mini. but they were absolutely delicious. The crust was buttery and soft while the filling was slightly milky and smooth.
6) Fried prawns with butter and cereal- My friend's favourite dish! she loved that the prawns were fresh and the cereal made it really fragrant without overpowering the taste of the prawn.
7) Coffee pork ribs- the ribs had a sweet touch to it leaving behind a trail of coffee fragrance. the both of us loved it so much we decided to ask for another serving.
There were other dishes which swept us off out feets too however, i've only mentioned these few given the time I have. Do check out Zhou's Kitchen as I really feel that if you want an affordable yet delectable spread, you wont be disappointed. Im sure they have done something about their service and food after the previous dissatisfaction from the other posts by other members. (; just my two cents worth.