Zhou's Kitchen has closed.

(Closed) Zhou's Kitchen (Jurong Point) (周庄)

Summary

chilli crab, braised spinach beancurd, peking duck, roast pork, Chilly crab, Fried Chicken wings(hak chiong gai), Salmon, Spicy clams, The coffee machine is pretty fun, chili crab, coffee pork ribs, dim sum, if you dare., little munchies View all
Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Buffet, Dinner, Quiet, High Tea, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, People Watching View all

A Blessing in Disguise

It was a Saturday Afternoon and my friend and I were hunting for a place to have lunch at. The food courts were packed as well as Din Tai Feng and Thai Express till we chanced upon Zhou's Kitchen hidden on the 3rd floor of the newer extension of Jurong Point. Since we were extremely famished and Zhou's kitchen had vacancy, we decided to take up the ala carte buffet lunch at just $20.80++. We were beaming with excitement and hunger.

The waitress sat us down quickly at the upper level of the restaurant, being first timers at Zhou's Kitchen, we were intrigued by the furnishings. The green bamboos were artistically used as decor against the grey elegant background.

The menu is rather extensive for the price we were paying for. Here are some of the dishes we tried and love:

1) Sliced pork with garlic sauce- fragrant garlic sauce with a tinge of peanut hue. Couldnt stop nibbling at this.

2) Deep fried beancurd with salted pepper- It came piping hot and the outside of the tofu was crispy but when bitten into, the tofu was really soft and smooth.

3) BBQ pork pastry- my FAVOURITE. It was filled with fillings and the skin was not too thick. I had to order two servings of this and even wanted to take some home for my parents to try!

4) Turnip cake with chinese sausage- Fragrant and soft.

5) Mini Egg Tarts- These came really mini. but they were absolutely delicious. The crust was buttery and soft while the filling was slightly milky and smooth.

6) Fried prawns with butter and cereal- My friend's favourite dish! she loved that the prawns were fresh and the cereal made it really fragrant without overpowering the taste of the prawn.

7) Coffee pork ribs- the ribs had a sweet touch to it leaving behind a trail of coffee fragrance. the both of us loved it so much we decided to ask for another serving.

There were other dishes which swept us off out feets too however, i've only mentioned these few given the time I have. Do check out Zhou's Kitchen as I really feel that if you want an affordable yet delectable spread, you wont be disappointed. Im sure they have done something about their service and food after the previous dissatisfaction from the other posts by other members. (; just my two cents worth.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Zhou's Kitchen (Jurong Point)

buffet price but restaurant quality

10 of us went for weekend buffet. price is less than $30 per pax. I like the presentation. it is unlike the usual buffet presentation where they put all the cooked food in trays. In Zhou Kitchen, it is served like hotel buffet but the variety and quality is like a restaurant's. part of the offering is on dim sum it is hand-made on the spot. There are ice cream and cakes to satisfy the sweet tooth too.

Food value for money

Went there for a company buffet lunch. Value for money. Even bought my family down for 2nd vist.

Just like what grandma cooked

Dishes that feels like what grandma or mother will cook, that is the charm of Zhou's Kitchen. Part of the Tung Lok Group, you can be assured of yummy food that is also given a twist at times. I especially love the wasabi mayo prawns that brings tears of joy, partly due to the wasabi of course. Service is polite and pleasant.

Zhou Kitchen

Before entering the restaurant, we were welcomed into the restaurant by staff at the door to come in and talk a look at the selection, before we make a decision whether to dine here or not. While inside, waiters showed us around and even gave us a look at the menu. The buffet has free flow over the counter items, as well as 'ala carte' which you have to tick on the order sheet and hand it over to the staff for the chefs to prepare them in the kitchen. I wouldnt consider the items gourmet, but I think the most worth it dish in the menu was fresh fish slices and butter prawns. They also have an nescafe espresso machine for self-serve coffee. I actually took a cupful of ice from the soft-drinks station and filled it with the espresso coffee to make chilled coffee. They have plentiful of seats here and the staff were efficient to take ala carte orders and clear our plates. I consider the $25 pricetag very overpriced for the mediocre standard of the food.

Good chinese style buffet

A good selection of food they have over there. Having warm over the counter items, and fresh ale carte items. Their staff is always ready to serve your needs.